Emergency Management Consultant – Melbourne
Junior to Mid-Level Consultant Full Time
Prensa is an industry renowned National Risk Management Consultancy that specialises in occupational health and safety, hazardous materials, emergency management, environment and occupational hygiene. We service our clients throughout Australia endeavouring to exceed their expectations and ensure premium expertise at all times.
Prensa offers a thriving, dynamic and collaborative environment to our highly motivated employees. Due to continual growth we are currently seeking a new team member for our Melbourne office (Hawthorn). The chosen candidates will deliver high quality Emergency Management consulting services to our clients at their site location.
The applicant must demonstrate strong communication skills, a keen initiative, and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team. This role will require regular interstate/intrastate travel, typically for one week per month.
About the role:
- The provision of training sessions at various client sites in emergency procedures for Wardens and Chief Wardens;
- The facilitation of evacuation exercises of buildings and sites;
- Conducting site audits and developing documentation for new sites wherever possible;
- Technical consultancy to all clients; and
- Client relationship management.
Prerequisites of the role:
- TAE Training and Assessment/ Teaching qualifications or willingness to obtain;
- Current driver’s license & vehicle;
- Must be an Australian citizen who currently has, or is able to obtain baseline security clearance; and
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; focussing on Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Advantageous but not essential skills:
- A background in emergency response services eg; fire fighters, police, paramedics, first aid trainers and/or teachers;
- Awareness of Australian Standards particularly AS3745-2010, relevant WHS legislation; and
- Regulations and Codes of Practice.
If you are seeking the next stage in your career, please send your cover letter and CV to Karen@prensa.com.au