Who we are?
Prensa is a risk management consultancy which services clients throughout Australia. The business has over 250 consultants working out of offices in most Australian states and provides a range of risk management services including health and safety, environment, occupational hygiene, hazardous materials and emergency management. In Queensland, Prensa has diverse range of clients with key clients including Downer Defence, Queensland Department of Main Roads, Brisbane City Council and QBuild.
Prensa prides itself on expediting the development of consultants compared to larger firms, giving its consultants exposure to all aspects of a project, no matter what level of experience you have. The opportunity for growth and development within Prensa is unlimited
A forward-thinking, motivated environmental consultant then we are keen to speak with you. To be successful in this role, you will be:
• Highly motivated and have the ability to engage with clients one on one;
• Driven to progress your career and develop technically;
• Rapidly develop into a Team Leader or Managing Consulting Role; and
• Confident in your ability to deliver innovative solutions and outstanding service to our clients.
What will you do?
The diverse role will focus on consulting in the field of Contaminated Land Management (CLM), including:
• Project management;
• Fee proposal writing;
• Contaminated land and surface water/groundwater assessments;
• High profile water quality monitoring programmes, statewide;
• Environmental due diligence assessments;
• Landfill gas monitoring projects;
• Remediation projects;
• Development of environmental management plans; and
• Have the opportunity to travel to remote sites from time to time to service client projects.
TIn addition, you will work closely with our Occupational Hygiene and HAZMAT staff and an on-site NATA accredited laboratory.
How can I succeed in this role?
To succeed in this role, you should meet the following key skills and requirements:
• A tertiary qualification in science, environmental science or engineering;
• Between two (2) and five (5) years of professional consulting experience;
• An ability to independently write quality technical reports and interpret data;
• Good communication skills;
• Attention to detail;
• Project management skills including engaging subcontractors, managing health and safety requirements and exposure to invoicing;
• Be passionate about their job and strive for continuous improvement;
• A working knowledge of ESdat, ProUCL and gINT applications;
• Experience in GIS and CAD is beneficial;
• Australian Citizenship to obtain Defence Clearance is favourable; and
• Driver’s licence.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to advance your career in the CLM field in Queensland with an organisation committed to the development of their staff and achieving and celebrating success together.
Performance is rewarded and a work-life balance is encouraged. You will also gain experience from our highly experienced senior technical staff (three SQPs) in a challenging and quality-focused environment. The successful applicant will be provided with a wide range of technical and consulting-based training, will be assigned to an experienced mentor and may be offered the opportunity for interstate travel. Remuneration will be based on experience.